If you’re interested in how to get started making jewellery, you’ve come to the right place! Creating for some of us isn’t just a hobby, it’s life. It’s almost as if we don’t feel completely whole without it. I know if I have to spend the entire day working on the laptop (which I often do), I’m literally chomping at the bit to get back to creating jewellery so I can share more jewellery making tips with you, especially when it comes to how to get started making jewellery! I’m even itching right now to go test out some new ideas at the bench!
But before you go spending a fortune on new tools and every gadget out there, I want to be brutally honest about something: Making jewellery isn’t just about following instructions and then poof – we have a masterpiece. It’s a cliché I know, but it really is about taking things one step at a time.
Making jewellery, and making it well (we’re not a fan of hacking here), takes a lot of practice, grit, blood and tears (literally). But, that feeling you get after the ups and downs, the struggles to get to a piece completion, is like no other on earth. It’s then you know that it was all worth it. I made this, I did it, I WON!
I would love for every single person to be able to experience this “I WON” feeling. But it takes a special kind of person, with focus and determination to make it as a jeweller. And so I wanted to share with you some amazing advice on how to get started making jewellery from just a few of those special people, who are really nailing this metalsmithing malarkey:
Advice on how to get started making jewellery from members of the Metalsmith Academy
A huge thank you to all our wonderful Metalsmith Academy members for sharing the wonderful advice, I couldn’t have said it any better!
And I hope that if you are thinking about getting into metalsmithing and how to get started making jewellery, you found this helpful. Just remember: Take it slow, work as accurately as you can and embrace the mistakes, they are after all the biggest lessons we ever learn.
But most importantly, believe you can do it, and you will. It’s not magic, I promise 🙂
Looking for more jewellery making tips & lessons?
We would love to welcome you to the Metalsmith Academy where we can help you create the jewellery you always dreamed of.
- Incredible classes with close up videos and crystal clear explanations
- Extensive full colour handouts for all our classes (a firm favorite with our current members)
- Quick win projects, we call them Express Bites. If you don’t have the time to commit to a full class, but want to learn some new skills quickly, these are for you
- Bi-monthly challenges to help get those creative juices flowing
- Active community forums – and when we say active, seriously it’s like a party over there!
- Direct help – Lucy and Vennice are over in the forums every single day to help
- Exclusive discounts
- Tips and tricks galore – you got a problem, we create the content you need to fix it
Just click below to join the family now!