Gravers are a girls best friend
Gravers really are a godsend, but they can be a bit tricky to get used to, especially if you don’t even know how to hold them correctly. I hope this short video helps you get to grips with that.
GRS high speed steel – quick change flat graver – size 40 – Rio Grande #118204, $11.95
The flat graver is fabulous for creating bright cuts around the inside edges of bezels as well as crisping up corners perfectly. I like to purchase the quick change gravers from GRS as they’re the perfect size for most hands and require much less modification than traditional gravers. I’ll often use them with a regular wooden handle however, simply because I can buy them right here in Malaysia! The #40 flat (Rio Grande code is above) – is the flat graver I use most often and the graver we use in all our bezel setting classes.
Want to learn more?
We would love to welcome you to the Metalsmith Academy where we can help you create the jewellery you always dreamed of.
- Incredible classes with close up videos and crystal clear explanations
- Extensive full colour handouts for all our classes (a firm favorite with our current members)
- Quick win projects, we call them Express Bites. If you don’t have the time to commit to a full class, but want to learn some new skills quickly, these are for you
- Bi-monthly challenges to help get those creative juices flowing
- Active community forums – and when we say active, seriously it’s like a party over there!
- Direct help – Lucy and Vennice are over in the forums every single day to help
- Exclusive discounts
- Tips and tricks galore – you got a problem, we create the content you need to fix it
Just click below to join the family now!