Tagline Contest: Terms and Conditions
This Tagline Contest (“Contest”) is held by Lucy Walker Jewellery PLT (“Lucy Walker Jewellery”). By entering this Contest, you will be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility and Mode of Entry. This Contest is open to submissions by anybody worldwide (“Entrant”). To be eligible for the prize, Entrants must submit their tagline as an Instagram comment under the Contest post of Lucy Walker Jewellery’s official Instagram account (https://instagram.com/lucywalkerjewellery).
2. Entry Period. This Contest will be open on 16 March 2022 at 8:30PM, Malaysia Time (GMT+8) (“MYT”) and ends on 20 March 2022 at 11:59PM MYT (“Entry Period”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions by Lucy Walker Jewellery which shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
3. Limit. You may enter as many taglines (each an “Entry”) as you can think of during the Entry Period.
4. Prize. The winning Entrant will receive 80 carats of assorted gemstones worth over USD400 (“Prize”). The specific gemstones which form the Prize shall be selected solely by Lucy Walker Jewellery. Entrants shall have no right to request for any exchange of the Prize, whether for a similar item or for cash.
5. Winner Selection Method. One winner may be determined by Lucy Walker Jewellery at its sole discretion. If there are multiple entries of the same tagline, the Entrant who commented first will receive the prize if that Entry is selected as the winner. If no entry is deemed to be of sufficient quality, no winner will be selected and the Prize will be forfeited.
6. Contact. The potential winner will be notified via Instagram. Lucy Walker Jewellery shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond with requested information and documentation within three (3) days of the first notification attempt, such potential winner will forfeit the Prize and, at Lucy Walker Jewellery’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, or declines a Prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Lucy Walker Jewellery’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
7. Delivery of Prize(s). The Prize shall be shipped using whichever courier or postal service Lucy Walker Jewellery deems fit. Delivery is subject always to relevant postage limitations.
8. Undertaking. By entering this Contest, the Entrant confirms that the content of their entry is original, their own and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties.
9. Intellectual Property
(a) The Entrant hereby grants Lucy Walker Jewellery, its authorised users, assigns and successors-in-title an exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable licence, for any purposes whatsoever (whether related to and/or contemplated by the Terms and Conditions), to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Entry.
(b) The Entrant hereby irrevocably waives all moral rights (whether past, present or future) in the Entry submitted, such waiver to take effect upon submission of the Entry. Such waiver shall operate in favour of Lucy Walker Jewellery, its authorised users, assigns and successors-in-title as from the submission of the Entry.
(c) Under these Terms and Conditions, “Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, trade marks, service marks, trade names, design rights, copyright, domain names, database rights, rights in know-how, new inventions, designs or processes and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature and wheresoever arising, whether now known or hereafter created, and in each case whether registered or unregistered and including applications for the grant of any such rights.
(d) The provisions of this Clause 9 shall survive the termination and/or expiry of these Terms and Conditions.
10. DISCLAIMER. Subject to applicable laws, Lucy Walker Jewellery makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND LUCY WALKER JEWELLERY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Winner Publicity Requirements. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute the Entrant’s agreement and consent for Lucy Walker Jewellery and its designees to use Entrant’s name, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or contact information in connection with this Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration.
12. Liability and Indemnity. Lucy Walker Jewellery shall not be liable to the Entrants and will be held harmless from and against liability, loss, injury or damage to property or person, including death, and reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Contest for any reason whatsoever. All Entrants indemnify Lucy Walker Jewellery against any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from Entrant’s participation in this Contest or for any loss or damage howsoever arising.
13. Termination/Amendment. Lucy Walker Jewellery reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest, including the Prize(s). Lucy Walker Jewellery reserves the right to substitute any prize for another prize of like value at any time and for any reason. No notice of termination to any person shall be required. In such event, all Entrants hereby waive any rights, & acknowledge that they shall have no claim of any nature whatsoever against Lucy Walker Jewellery, its partners, agents or employees, as a result of such termination.
14. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, pandemic, riot, act of war, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Lucy Walker Jewellery which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or any part thereof), Lucy Walker Jewellery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or to thereafter conduct the Contest by selecting the prize winner(s) drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken by Lucy Walker Jewellery or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, as determined by Lucy Walker Jewellery in its sole discretion.
16. Miscellaneous. This Contest is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
Last update: 16 March 2022