I use these on almost all solid flat surfaces, where I want a really crisp finish. Here I show how to make them using rectangular wooden dowels, but you can make these any shape you wish to suit the project at hand. I’ll generally make these in 100, 240, 600, 800 and 1200 grit sandpaper.
Want to learn more?
We would love to welcome you to the Metalsmith Academy where we can help you create the jewellery you always dreamed of.
- Incredible classes with close up videos and crystal clear explanations
- Extensive full colour handouts for all our classes (a firm favorite with our current members)
- Quick win projects, we call them Express Bites. If you don’t have the time to commit to a full class, but want to learn some new skills quickly, these are for you
- Bi-monthly challenges to help get those creative juices flowing
- Active community forums – and when we say active, seriously it’s like a party over there!
- Direct help – Lucy and Vennice are over in the forums every single day to help
- Exclusive discounts
- Tips and tricks galore – you got a problem, we create the content you need to fix it
Just click below to join the family now!